MyCloud EX2 Ultra - Setting up access through Finder or Explorer outside network

Hi
I have a friend who creates 3D texture packs, he lives a broad and we both have similar hobbies so we both contribute to creating assets which we use for our projects.

In the past, he was able to access my NAS EX2 Ultra via finder and it was super convenient because he could store his assets in the same finder folder that I was using and we would both see our library grow and access each others assets.

Now I did something wrong, and I’ve not been able to set it up since. I’ve spent probably more than 80+ hours trying to fix this and port forwarding my NAS, my router, using Noip, trying all different settings, but I’ve not been able to recreate the finder/explorer access from outside my network ever since.

Can someone who has done this and remembers how he did it, please share what I should do to make this work again?

Also, I ruined the working setup after installing 2 EX2 Ultras but having the problem that whatever link I was using on NoIP always sent the visitor to the same NAS (instead of link A going to NAS “A” and link B going to NAS “B”, both link A and B always went to NAS “A”.)

Hi @nathanhorn,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I did but how long does it usually take for them to get back to you? I posted here in hopes that someone else has done the same as I have in the past