MyCloud EX2 Ultra inaccessible via windows. Visible on router, can ping successfully

Using the latest firmware. Haven’t changed configuration or anything.

Last night I was streaming video using Plex and half way through an episode, playback stopped, the ex2 was no longer visible in the windows ‘network’ section and I can’t access the device or installed apps via IP.

BUT, if I open the CLI and ping the IP of the NAS drive, it works successfully with no packet loss, so I know it’s not a bricked device like other posts in this forum. Or, at least, it’s not as bricked as other devices.

I’ve already enabled SMB1.0 file sharing support and that didn’t help (which makes sense, because the drive previously worked without enabling the feature).

Tried restarting windows, disconnecting the ethernet cable/reconnecting.

TIA!

Issue resolved.

The operating system must have frozen completely.

I tried completing the 4-second reset process, but nothing happened no matter how long I held the pin in.

I couldn’t access via web browser, file explorer or SSH, so there was no way for me to safely power down the device.

I unplugged the ethernet and power cable, waited until the device felt a little cooler, then plugged the power cable back in. After a couple of minutes, the device was visible in windows again.

I do not advise this solution, because I should never have unplugged the power cable, but it did work.