MyCloud 4Tb - No LAN & Flashing Yellow LED

Thank you to everyone for their input - in particular cpt_paranoia.

The fault was indeed a hardware failure, I have put the 4Tb WD Red drive into a usb drive caddy and recovered all of the data from it to my new NAS, as suggested.

I also put a scathing review on Amazon and have been offered a replacement MyCloud by WD, but as I now have a drive caddy and a perfectly good drive, I’m just gonna stick with that and use it as a repository for dumping stuff while I move it around to NAS and my other backups.

Thanks you to all of you for your help, sorry to say you won’t be hearing from me again - my days of buying WD units are well and truly over…

Well, random device failures can occur with all products, either latent manufacturing faults, component faults, or failures caused by the electrical environment.

I’m not a WD apologist by any means, but the offer of a replacement seems pretty fair.

Hi Dunvegan, i am experiencing the same issue with my WD My cloud 4tb, could you please explain how you recovered your data? thanks in advance.

Try this:

SOLVED:

I know it is too late to answer to this post, but at least other people may use it.

we had the same issue, blinking orange power light. The problem was about the power adopter, for some reason it couldn’t provide enough power. After we’ve changed it, the system boot normally.
To test if it is about power, listen carefully to the system, you should hear a weak DC motor sound (it is actually hard disk trying to launch its main motor, but because the power is weak cannot) that comes and go. It means that the system cannot even turn on the hard-disk, then trying all of system resets would not have any effect.

The power adopter is a 12V power adopter.

Hope it help you.