MyBookLive WD2Go Drive Mapping Error

Hi, All -

I’m trying to connect to my MyBookLive NAS using the new WD2Go software.  I successfully created my WD2Go account, and when I point my browser to the MyBookLive, I can successfully see the device and I can successfully provide my password to it.  However, the WD2Go drive mapping process seems to use a Java command that fails, and I can not map the NAS drive from my remote PC.

I have a fresh installation of Java.  Can ayone help me?  Thanks!

Here is the Java error I get:

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31
Using JRE version 1.6.0_31-b05 Java HotSpot™ Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\jberton

c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to

load: class com.wd.nas4g.mapdrive.MapDrive.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wd.nas4g.mapdrive.MapDrive.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.wd.nas4g.mapdrive.MapDrive.class

You may try uninstalling/reinstalling Java, also confirm that the MBL is updated to its latest firmware.  Have you tried from other computers?

1 Like

Also try to log in using different web browsers.

1 Like

Hi, Vadir and Alucardx23 -

Yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java (and completely clearing out all Java files before reinstalling).  I also ensured that I have the latest firmware on the Mybooklive.  And I’ve tried using both IE and Firefox with the same results.

Here are some recent developments:

When I try to access the MBL from my problematic laptop from within my home local network (as opposed to when I am away and trying to access the MBL from the wide-area network), it works just fine!  I can log into the MBL and I am able to map the drive as intended.  It seems like there is a difference in drive mapping programming when it detects that the MBL is on the local network.  Is this a helpful clue?

Another thought:  Seeing as how I can log into the MBL (but fail to map it as a local drive), is there some sort of “cookbook” procedure I can use to manually map the drive?  In other words, if it’s a Java command that’s failing within the WD web-based software, can I bypass it with manual commands and not use the browser at all?  I’m running Win7.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Hello, Alucardx23 -

I made a more detailed reply to Vadir’s post.  Thanks.

Jeff

Anyone still there?  Do threads get stale after a while and go unnoticed?