MyBookLIve Requires UserName and Password

I have a WD MyBookLive NAS drive on my local network and I’m trying to mount it to a Trendnet video camera so that the video camera can store videos on the NAS drive. Both devices are on my home local area network. I have created a public share on the MyBookLive for the video camera called “Trendnet”. When I try to mount it to the Trendnet camera, I get an error that says “Mounting to NAS drive failed. Invalid directory or incorrect username/password”.

I tested attempting to access this share using a web browser with the URL of \MyBookLive\Trendnet and it prompts me for a username and password and doesn’t accept any username/password I put in. Why is it asking for a username and password if it is a public share? Is there anyway to create a pubic share that allows anonymous access without any username and password?

Thanks,

It seems as if it’s your own network asking for credentials just to protect the computer.
Have you setup a login credential on your MBL?

Yes, I have setup a login credential on the MBL and I can login to the MBL through the normal webportal. If I use a webrowser to access the MBL as

http://10.0.0.148

It brings me to the main MBL portal and I can login successfully from there and access shares.

If I try to access a share directly such as:

http://10.0.0.148/Trendnet

I get an internet explorer message that says "The server 10.0.0.148 is asking for your username and password. If I try to login at that point, the login fails. I would think that I shouldn’t have to login at all if it is a public share.

The instructions on a MyCloud device are a bit more informative than those on MyBookLive. It says that a named public share may be created only if users are defined and is available to all users logged into the device. That’s not quite the same as the “credential-less” Public share - you can access the share only if you are logged into the NAS.

Perhaps you can get what you are after by making Trendnet a folder within the Public share.

Thanks, I tried accessing the Public share directly and got the same error. I think this has something to do with using the NFS protocol to access the MBL. There seem to be some known issues with using NFS to access the MBL.

I did some more playing around and I was able to mount the MBL NAS drive to the Trendnet video camera using the SMB/CIFS protocol. I have no idea why I haven’t been able to mount the MBL using NFS.