MyBookLive Duo 6TB not connecting to WDTV Live - possible DLNA issues

Hi guys

I have seen other people have this problem but it isnt exactly the same as mine so im starting a new thread. But to put it into a nutshell i think there may be something up with the WD DLNA - i really wish they just kept with Twonky, at least that works on my single drive MBL

The title of this thread says it all, my MBL Duo doesnt connect to my WDTV nor the DLNA inbuilt into my TV, but it works perfectly on my computers.

I have spent about 4 hours today constantly pressing rescan and rebuild on the UI but it keeps coming up with this. Media Server 0.0.0 and therefore i have no media showing up on my WDTV. Where my problem differes is at least the other people have a media server Version popping up and media info showing up below it. Note, last week at one stage a server version did pop up and music tracks/pictures did show up a figure (mind you a lot less files then what is on the MBLD) but nothing showed up in video - even though it was having its little refresh screen working for about 16 hours updating the database.

Hopefully someone can help me with a fix on this as i am really frustrated about this now

Thanks in advance

Screen shot 2014-01-20 at 11.47.55 PM.png

You tried a factory reset? You can do it through SSH without erasing what you have on the public share.

No i dont know how to use SSH. And i dont like to muck around with things that I dont know. Truth be told, first time i ever heard of SSH was when i was searching these forums trying to find a solution. If you think that a reset might fix this then ill just transfer all my data over to other hard drives and reset it. It will take a while though since i have 3.7TB data on the WD

In saying that, something new popped up today when i was trying to see if i can figure this out. All of my other decvices are online so i cant see any connectivity issues with the modem

You have a corrupted DLNA server and perhaps some other corrupted firmware as well.

First step should be to install Twonky and see if that is better for you than DLNA was. If that does not help, then do a factory restore. Try first with the button on the rear of teh device.  Then try a restore from the Dashboard.

Also try to do a firmware upgrade.  If you have the latest version of firmware, then do a manual firmware upgrade to overwirte the firmware.  If notne of this works, then you will have to start using SSH to solve your problems.  First would be to use SSH to do a factory restore. Then SSH to trick the MBL into thinking it has an old firmware, so that you can overwrite it with new firmware.  If none of that works, then do a debrick.

There are threads, guides, etc on this forum detailing how to do everything i mentioned.  good luck.

thanks guys, i have just initaited the backup of all my files now, will prob take a week, ill get back to you then, thanks again for your suggestions