MyBook (White Light) Not Mapping

Hi All,

Running Windows XP SP3 with MyBook 1TB (White Light).  I connect the drive on my switch and run WD Discovery.  Not a problem, I can log in and configure the drive without issues, however when I click the MAP Network Drive button under the WD Discovery, nothing happens. If I create the shortcut on my desktop then try and run it, I get unexpected error, you may nor have rights.  I am logged into the XP box as an Admin.  Help Please

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I have the exact same problem.  If I connect the MyBook direct to the PC it maps, but when installed on the router it doesn’t.  I can access the config but not the drives… 

corpel, did you resolve this? I have exactly the same problem. Running win xp pro, won’t map when on the wireless network, but maps when plugged into the lan port of my laptop directly

I can’t get it to Map either… and this forum is a joke! There are people with legitimate issues, that have not recieved a response. I am taking mine back tomorrow if I don’t get an answer from their so called “Support”

BRUTAL!:angry: