MyBook Mirror Edition

Hi :slight_smile:
I have an old WD MyBook Mirror Edition USB2.0 drive (2x 500GB WD green sATA drives inside).

It is currently configured as RAID0 (was done years ago) and I just pugged it into my macbook running Catalina. I wanted to revert the RAID setting to RAID1 since I’m not a fan of the risks associated with RAID0.

Now the old manual said to install WD Drive Manager and then use WD RAID Manager in order to change the RAID settings. Obviously WD Drive Manager is 32bits only and thus not compatible with Catalina (I couldn’t find a x64 version of WD Drive Manager).

I thus installed WD Discovery for mac and my MyBook is detected (hurray). However, when I go to the Apps tab and launch WD Drive Utilities it asks to attach a “supported” WD drive.

Since WD Drive Utilities isn’t going to let me change the RAID settings of my old MyBook, is there any other way I could do it? Or do I need to go on a Windows PC? Would it work on a Windows10 machine? Would I need compatibility mode (e.g. Vista-compatibility mode)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best,
-a-

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA: My Book Premium II, Pro II, Studio II, Mirror Edition: Change RAID Level

As I mentioned in the OP, WD drive manger cannot be installed on Catalina since it is a 32bits app.

It seems like my only option is to try on a Windows PC. I’ll try that as soon as I can get my hands on a windows PC.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions, though.
Thanks
-a-