MyBook Essential in Coma

Hi, i purchased WD MyBook Essential 3TB in December last year and it was working fine until one day when i didnt unplug my drive and put my laptop into standby… as soon as restart it again the drive no longer being detected on my computer… 

however it does show up in device manager and also disk management… the problem is that it does not respond… everytime i plug the device “MyComputer” would not respond and Disk Management would not respond as well but i could see that my drive is detected in disk management… lights are on and drive is running (vibration felt)…after i unplug the device, my computer resumes normal function (doenst hang)…

i could also sometimes even safely remove the device…i already did download the latest WD SES driver but nothing seems to work… please help me out regarding this matter…

regards and thank you,

zamir

Go into Device Manager and delete the driver for the external remove drive properly and reboot system and then reconnect drive. That should load a new driver see if that helps.

Joe

i have done that as u suggested, the drivers reinstalled properly but still my drive is not detected, i tried several other methods like connecting the usb and power cables directly into its socket but still no improvements

i also checked the drive in disk management, sometimes it shows up there with the blue label on top of it and shows thats its online… but i could not click or do anything on it cause it does not respond… and also sometimes it doesnt even show up in disk management

however it always does show up in control panel under disk drives…

please help and thank you in advance