MyBook Essential blinking in vegetative state: Can someone tell me what is going on

I have this model. 

The light (from the storage level bar and lock icon) has been blinking nonstop.

When I try to access the drive from My Computer, it will show up only as “Local Disk (K: )” When I double click it, it will either tell me it’s a nonexistant disk/drive/ or that I would have to format it (but later formatting doesn’t work as well). 

In my WD Drive Status (from taskbar tray), it will say that it has 0% of files. 

All I’ve ever done to it is accidentally nudged the power source today. But I don’t think that it should do much damage, as this device was set to withstand non- ‘Safely Remove’ and I had a lot of power outages in the past. 

Can somebody give me some hope of a miracle that it will come back to life after a few reboots? Or at least tell me why it’s blinking?

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S.: WD, you **bleep**. … That wasn’t even a bad word.

Hi, the files could be corrupted, if you need to recover them you can try using a data recovery program like recuva or testdisk. You can use DLG to write zeros and then format your my book, if that doesn’t work, then you need to replace it. Check the link below for the steps. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1211/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1NTA4ODcxMi9zaWQvR0M1ajRsZGw%3D

1 Like

Thank you very much for the reply!

Unfortunately, I can’t put it to use as of right now, since I’m trying to see if a friend of a relative can help me first (he’s a electronic…fixer guy?)

Thank you again! ^^