MyBook board replaced but it says to format the drive

Hello, No power going to mybook 3tb enclosure so went and replaced the exact same board but now, it is telling me to format the drive before I can use it. I made a clone of the disk and same thing is happening. It is bitlocker encrypted. Can anyone show me if there is a way to salvage the data?
Thank you,
Ned

Some My Books are encrypted. Also, some are configured with a sector size of 4KB, others with 512B.

Can you show us the Partitions window with DMDE?

https://dmde.com/

1 Like

you will need the bitlocker key to decrypt the data on the disk

BitLocker encrypted drives mostly not recognized by the third party hard drive tools because once we encrypt our drives with password protection using BitLocker it ensures that the third-party tools cannot view that for security purposes.

However, there is a tool that enables the user to recover data from BitLocker Encrypted drive. You can try Stellar Data Recovery Professional Software that will help you recover lost or deleted data from corrupted or accidentally formatted drive, or even from lost partitions of the drive.

Further, you can also check the link below:

Securely recover data from any BitLocker encrypted Windows drive

Hope it will help!

Hi. Thank you all for your help. Unfortunately, I am getting Can’t Find Drive. Recover Data From Lost Partition with Stellar Data Recovery.
When Using dmde, I am getting This Disk Is Not Accessible. Please see attached screenshots. I have the Bitlocker password, replaced with identical board but Disk Management is telling me to initialize it.

What else can I try?
Ned

Did you find a solution?
I have the same problem. I replaced the exact same board and I can´t access my data.