Hello ladies & gents,
I have read the 6 pages of this thread as best I can, but haven’t got a solution to my specific problem. If you can help I would be extremely grateful.
- My WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (Part # WDBGXT0000NBK) stopped playing some AVIs.
- I did not (thank Christ!!) experience the converted file problem on my 2TB HD (my condolences to those who did!).
My attempts at solving the problem:
- I tried rolling back the firmware as described by previous posts. The versions available are a bit different for my player and can be seen here: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/session/L2F2LzIvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzgyMDkxMTA3L3NpZC9kck5wYTVEbA%3D%3D
- I went with 1.06.04, as it was the one before the one most popular in this post (which is for a slightly different player box).
- Copied to a USB key (I am not 100% sure what the “root” is, I hope it’s the top/home folder?). I’m working in OS X, so drives have names, not /E: but a name: this drive is empty, called “KEYCHAIN” and I put the 3 files from the DL into the top “KEYCHAIN” folder. If that’s wrong, please let me know! Could it be something to do with how this drive is formatted? Having said that, the player always reads my drives just fine when they have movies on them, so this is a long shot…
- The process as described in the link above claims that an orange tab will appear called “Firmware Update”. Now, I noticed that after the last FW update (which caused the problem), there IS no longer such an orange tab! Firmware Update is now only found under Settings > Firmware Update
- When I plug in the USB, a message says “connecting to USB” or something brief like that. No mention of “firmware detection” or “syncing with USB device” as claimed in the various instructions. Then it just goes to the homescreen.
- Trying to manually update the FW, it just says “your player is up to date” (with the faulty, newest version).
- I have reset, power cycled, etc after every attempt.
- How can I try to force it to update (i.e. roll back) to the files on the USB drive?
MANY THANKS in advance and I hope somebody can help. I can’t beleive WD are willing to ruin so many ppl’s entire movie collections without a bug fix. Good luck everybody