My WD Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) device goes into some sort of software loop :-(

It has happened a couple of times that WCM is not possible to contact either local or via mycloud.com/ and then seem to work internally (copy files or something like that according to the disk noise and the blue diodes??).
First time I connected an external 1 TB USB drive in purpose to take an extra safety backup it took something like an hour before I was able to get in contact with the WCM again.
Then later on when I was unsure if the backup task was working or not I Interrupted the backup at the dashboard. That was more than six hours ago and the unit seem to be into a long software loop again.
I have also read some posts at this board that other users had have some similar problem. Anyone that are aware of how to cure my unit? But I don’t want to do a factory reset due to the stored information on my WDC.

If you do not have a backup of your data then a factory reset is not recommended. There is a system-only option that should not erase files, but having an active backup is still recommended just in case.

Thanks for your replay!

I called in to WD Warranty Support earlier today, it seems that it all comes down to that I needed a static IP-adress as my WCM is connected via a switch (after the router). This means that the setting at the Dashboard - Settings - Network was switched from DHCP to Static. After a restart of the WCM and the switch the WCM got a static internal IP-address.

It might be a little early to say that it cured those problem I had, right now just before posting this message and after some testing, it seems somewhat better but in some cases there still are some delays when I want to connect to the dashboard.