My passport wireless wifi problems

Hi!

I had problems of wifi connection lost and no connection after reboot or power on, and I discovered two problems in the MPW wifi setup.

My device is preconfigured for GB wifi domain, so I had to modify the hostapd.conf file and set the country to ES (Spain in my case). No problem since then, but I dont know why, MPW updates from time to time (not always) this file, changing this parameter, so I added a sed command to restore it at boot, in the init script of the hostapd service.

I have also this problem with the WIFI password. The info for the connection is stored in two files, wifinetwork-remembered.conf and wifinetwork-params.conf, both located in the /etc/nas/config folder. Again, from time to time, the pass is replaced with the SSID name.

So, again, the solution was to include two sed commands in the multirole init script to restore the pass before wifi network connection.

With these changes, my MPW is booted and connected to WIFI in less than 2 minutes each time I power on it.

Hope it helps other users!

1 Like

Hello,

Please refer to the following KBA article: My Passport Wireless: Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network

Hi @Logan.S,

Thank you for the info, but that is a generic info for the device setup. I followef it each time I connected the device to the wifi network and I had the problems that I described in my previous post.

Now, I have Zero problems with the changes I made in the device OS files, so please, check it.

The problems are a really in a MPW, not in a MPW Pro or SSD.