My Passport Wireless Pro – horrible product with no support!

My Passport Wireless Pro - Horrible piece of hardware and software with no support!
After reading the description of the product – I bought hoping it would function as documented:

1. Work as a standalone wireless access point with access to files on the device (this bit works ok)

2. Also claims to be able to connect to existing (home) wireless network and then from any device connected to the wireless network able to access files on the device. (DOESN’T WORK! And any requests to support get no response or acknowledgment)

3. The buggy interface allows the option to connect to ‘home’ wireless network. Intermittently this works. As soon as the unit powered off and on – all wireless settings are lost.

4. Tried multiple firmware versions – no luck!

5. The software more like an Alpha version. Eg. Event log keep prompting and have to delete each entry one at a time. Often, interface get stuck and freezes.

6. I just want to know how to get a refund, for that someone need to answer the request at the first place.

7. Staying well away from WD and looking at Seagate alternative. It is unfair I have to pay for something that doesn’t work as advertised and no support what so ever!

If you are here researching for a good wireless NAS for home, save yourself money and headaches stay away from WD My Passport Wireless Pro

I’ve not experienced any of the issues you describe. Mine stays connected to my home network and defaults to it on each reboot without any prompting.

You say you’ve tried “multiple versions” There’s only been two updates released.

Not sure what you’re referring to on the Event Log…

And as for support, you’re saying they’re not answering the phone, or what?

Hello,

Try the Public Beta release
https://community.wd.com/t/1-02-23-firmware-release-07dec16/187402/

Already using it. Next?

My original MPW connected fine to home networ, and each time I turn it back on it reconnects.

Electronic noise can cause issues so get the MPW Pro away from all the gear nearby. Keep it in same room as the router; not too far away. I take an iPhone or iPad to another nearby room, use browser, and go through the steps to connect to home network, works great. I keep the MPW near router when connected to network, take my iPad downstairs, sit on couch and enjoy a movie. I keep the tablet connected to faster 5G signal even though my MPW only connects to router at 2.4G, but yours can do both.