I have a WD My Passport drive which was working yesterday. During the transfer of a file, laptop hanged and I had to do a hard reset. After that, My Passport cannot be read:
- Windows Device Manager recognize it as a Disk Drive : WD My Passport 0730 USB Device
- Windows Disk Management cannot recognize it
- Windows Explorer recognize it as a Local Disk
- WD Drive Uitlities cannot recognize it
- WD Live Lifeguard Diagnostics reports “read capacity failed”
- Trying to read the drive using WIndows Explorer will freeze laptop until the USB 3 cable is pulled out.
any help would be appreciated to access the drive again. Thanks.