My Passport 4T is no longer recognized in Windows 10

When I first plug WD My Passport into the USB, I can hear the (Windows 10) sounds any device makes when it connects to my laptop. I can also hear the Passport whirring/buzzing like it is trying to access the data. The drive also shows up under Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers as My Passport 2627. The whirring lasts about 1 minute, then it stops and the Passport icon disappears from Devices and Printers. If I then unplug the drive from the USB port, my laptop makes that connection/disconnection sound again even though it is no longer appearing under Devices and Printers.

Once, while it was appearing under Devices and Printers, I tried using the icon in my tray (right bottom) to eject the drive and I got a message stating that there was a Problem Ejecting the Device. I tried it a second time and the message was: Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device; Windows is unable to stop the device ‘USB Mass Storage Device’. Don’t remove this device while it is still in use. Close any programs using this device and then remove it.

I have tried Recoverit software and the drive was not seen. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong and if I can fix it, please? It contains some really important documents and I was foolish enough to not have backed them up!

Please help!

Hi @Metaphysical1
Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

Dear Riyan – thank you for this suggestion! I will submit it today.