My WD Live with a USB compatible wireless thumb drive worked fairly well at the beginning even though the network shares function never worked.
What has happened recently is I can’t connect to my network even though I get the message the WD Live Network setup (has been) completed.
These are the procedures I have gone through:
- Selected Network Settings using the remote control:
- Reset to factory defaults so as to restart system just in case it needed it.
Btw, I found by doing this in the past it stopped the Network Icon blinking however whenever I turned off the WD Tv Live component, when I turned it on again the icon didn’t stop blinking as it had done when I first setup the system. Now I can’t even get the network icon to illuminate at all. Anyway,
- My Wireless network was detected with all network settings correct including name, signal strength (excellent) and locked signal showing. All other all wireless settings shown as correct.
- Wireless password entered and automatic connection entered with Network setup completed shown.
- Wireless favourites name selected as the default network and connected and again network setup completed.
So as I have mentioned, after doing this procedure many times now, I did until this morning have the network signal on the WD Live display panel continually blink on and off, but now it as I said won’t illuminate at all.
So I was wondering if you had any answers to this problem as I am completed stumped.
I would appreciate anyone assisting me as I’m very close to throwing the thing in the rubbish and looking at alternative hardware and even seriously considering Apple as there just seems to be too many compatability issues with PC’s.
Thank you in advance for any support but to me it looks like a firmware update may have started this and if so, the thing will be going as to me WD must be amateurs to think I’m going to spend any more time or money trying to fix this lemon.