My Net750 guest mode not regulated by MAC filter

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem, I hope some tech-guru can help me out with.

As stated, I have the WD My Net 750.

I currently have the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz running for my own personal network that is secured PLUS two guest modes at the 2.4 and 5ghz that are also protected.

I’ve figured out how to limit devices on the regular network (albeit 2.4 or 5 ghz) using the MAC filter BUT the MAC filter does not have any impacts on the guest SSID.

Basically, someone (with my guest password in the household) has connected another device (router) that connects to my guest account and is then re transmitting. It then appears as though his new SSID is completely seperate when it’s actually passing through my guest 2.4ghz WIFI. MAC filtering does not appear to have any restrictions on guest 2.4ghz or 5ghz SSID.

I don’t mind other devices being connected to the guest account, I just don’t want someone else creating a ‘barrier’ between their wifi and mine.

I don’t mind providing the WIFI access to visitors and people in the household, but when another WIFI is connected that piggybacks off my network, I don’t want to be response for any content that does not belong to me…

Any suggestions will be appreciated???

Install OpenWRT and then you will have far more control over your device.