My Net AC1300 Port Forwarding problems

I’m having a lot of problems getting port forwarding to work on my new My Net AC1300.

I’m trying to forward 5 different individual ports on one internal server to the outside. Example:

192.168.1.130:3389 → external IP:3389

I can get one of these ports to work (8082), but I can’t get any of the others working. Is there are hard limit of one port per IP or something like that? Reconfiguring to different ports doesn’t seem to help.

I eventually broke down and put the server in the DMZ. This didn’t seem to have any effect at all, none of the ports on that server were exposed.

It looks like there might be some sort of protocol filtering going on. 8082, the only one that works, is a very basic web server with a test page.

I need this feature to work so If I can’t get port forwarding working I’ll have to return the router and go with another vendor.

rtechie,

Do you encounter the same issue while using port triggering or a different IP address target per port?

rtechie wrote:

I’m having a lot of problems getting port forwarding to work on my new My Net AC1300.

I’m trying to forward 5 different individual ports on one internal server to the outside. Example:

192.168.1.130:3389 → external IP:3389

I can get one of these ports to work (8082), but I can’t get any of the others working. Is there are hard limit of one port per IP or something like that? Reconfiguring to different ports doesn’t seem to help.

I eventually broke down and put the server in the DMZ. This didn’t seem to have any effect at all, none of the ports on that server were exposed.

It looks like there might be some sort of protocol filtering going on. 8082, the only one that works, is a very basic web server with a test page.

I need this feature to work so If I can’t get port forwarding working I’ll have to return the router and go with another vendor.

I don’t think WD has made public any info on hard limits for ports or IP range, nor do I think they would. I think you should give them a call on this one.

JStaff wrote:

rtechie,

Do you encounter the same issue while using port triggering or a different IP address target per port?

There doesn’t seem to be any way to configure port triggering on the Ny Net AC1300.

I did try forwarding ports on different servers, but not the same ports because I don’t have duplicate servers for testing.

ThePizzaMatrix wrote:

I don’t think WD has made public any info on hard limits for ports or IP range, nor do I think they would. I think you should give them a call on this one.

Why wouldn’t they? This is basic documentation on network hardware.

I have filed a support case through the web site 2 days ago, but no response so far.

rtechie wrote:

ThePizzaMatrix wrote:

Why wouldn’t they? This is basic documentation on network hardware.

I have filed a support case through the web site 2 days ago, but no response so far.

WD is new to network hardware (Except NAS), so that could even be something they overlooked by design.

Hi.

Any luck with this? I am trying to forward simple HTTP traffic (80, 443) and nothing seems to come through.

Eventually also RDP I guess…

Thanks.