My Live Hub just erased all my content on my PC

I was watching a cartoon with my son, streaming from my home PC.  After we finished, I logged into my PC to look at my collection, to decide what to watch tonight.  I notice it is empty, and im like **bleep**?  So I start looking in my other shared folders, and all of them are empty as well, even the folder I was just watching a cartoon out of!  I then notice the light on the Hub was blinking quite a bit, so I start browsing my folder shares.  All are empty, the cartoon I was just watching is gone, only one folder is left.  I quickly reboot the Hub to stop the carnage.  I go back to the PC, and see if anything happended to land in the recycle bin.  It had several TV shows, and about half of the cartoons.  

Needless to say, I am quite unhappy with this product right now.  Ive started running a program to see if I can recover the deleted data, but I dont have my hopes up.

I felt I had to post this, as a heads up to the community.

Well the big question - what version of the Firmware is your hub using? This is the first time I’ve read something like this happening…

Agree, this is the first report of this it seems, although we did see reports of some ISO files on attached HDs being set to 0 bytes (it even happened on my HD to a few files).  I have not had this happen again since I discovered it a few months ago.  I think it just might have been a Win 7 issue that got into an update for Win 7 and eventually was cleared up by MS, but who can say for sure.  I have noticed problems I and others have had can suddenly come and go, and I suspect faulty Win 7 updates to be the culprit in many cases.  Just a hunch.

Anyway, If I had this problem that is reported, I would definitely first turn off all the components involved and restart the system again.  Often this gets rid of any gremlins that can cause “weird things”.

I would say that most likely your PC erased your network shared folders.

Sorry for the delayed response, its been a busy week.

I really dont think the PC erased my shared folders.  I have other shared folders (Music, Pictures) that I dont share with the Hub.  I only share my video files.

Also, as I stated before, I could see the light on the front of the Hub flashing constantly like it was working on something.  I It had erased 3 of my 4 shared folders before I was able to reset the device.

Try R-Studio NTFS to restore your files

troyh72 wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response, its been a busy week.

I really dont think the PC erased my shared folders.  I have other shared folders (Music, Pictures) that I dont share with the Hub.  I only share my video files.

Also, as I stated before, I could see the light on the front of the Hub flashing constantly like it was working on something.  I It had erased 3 of my 4 shared folders before I was able to reset the device.

The blinking light only indicates that it’s creating / scanning the media library.

There was a bug in older versions that could cause specific folders to be deleted, but not entire shares…

What version of FW are you using?

Are you on wireless? Maybe someone hacked into it?