My Gtechnology 18 TB is not recognized in my Mac

It appears en disk utility like disk10s2 and can not access to it.

Hi @chemulder ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get your G-Technology 18 TB drive recognized by your Mac:

1. Verify formatting:

• Compatibility: G-Technology drives are typically pre-formatted for Mac using HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) format. However, if you previously used it on a Windows PC or formatted it in another format, it might not be recognized by your Mac.
  • Disk Utility: Open Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility). Look for the G-Technology drive under the “External” section. If it is listed but appears grayed out, it might not be mounted. Right-click on the drive and select “Mount” if available.

3. Update drivers and software:

• macOS Updates: Ensure your Mac is updated to the latest version of macOS. This can sometimes address compatibility issues with external drives. Go to System Preferences > Software Update to check for updates.
  • G-Technology software: Check the G-Technology website for any available firmware updates or software specifically designed for your drive model. Installing the latest updates can sometimes resolve recognition issues.

4. Additional troubleshooting:

• Restart: Sometimes a simple restart of your Mac can resolve minor glitches that might be causing the issue. Try restarting your Mac with the G-Technology drive connected.
  • Reset SMC and PRAM: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) and Parameter RAM (PRAM) can sometimes help resolve hardware-related issues. Search online for specific instructions on how to reset these based on your Mac model, or let me know I will guide you throughout.

If none of these steps work, it’s possible that the drive itself might be experiencing hardware-related issues. In this case, you should contact G-Technology support for further assistance.