My Cloud personal storage

I have just installed the Personal Cloud Storage.

On one computer, windows 7, it is perfect, on the other which is windows 8, I get the error message

Windows cannot access WDmycloud.

I have tried rebooting the device, router and computer but still doesn’t work. The error code is 0x80070035 the network path is not found.

Any suggestions?

Which computer did you use to set it up, Windows 7 or 8? If it was Windows 7 then have you downloaded the desktop app for Windows 8 and given it access?

See image below.

Do they all have the same workgroup name?

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I set it up on windows 8 computer.

They are both in the same homegroup, i’m not sure if that is the same as a workgroup.

On the windows 7 computer I can view it but don’t have any option for the back up but on the windows 8 computer I can’t it shows but I when I click  on it I get the error message above.

The Workgroup for WD My Cloud is under Settings in the Dashboard. See image below. Click on the MyCloudcirclei.JPG icon in the Dashboard for more information.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

since rebooting my PC, the drive does not even show up in the network at all,  I have viewed the dashboard pages, which seem to suggest some kind of connection. When I click on the bell shaped icon it says “Network link down”.  Also I can’t find any tab which says “Back Up” or anything that indicates how to start the back up.  I have WD smartware installed for another WD “My Book” device, and it does not show there either. on my win 7 laptop, everything shows up where it should, but again, there is no obvious way of starting a back up.

You need to provide more information about your setup, router and provide images of what you are seeing. You are saying there is no tab for backup in the Smartware. How about the Help tab?

Here are links to the WD My Cloud User Manual and the Smartware User Manual.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705057.pdf

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Thanks for your help thus far, but i think I am going to have to wait until tomorrow and then speak to WD tech support direct. Getting this HD was supposed to save me time, instead trying to sort it out is stopping me from geting on with work. I have it working perfectly on my Win 7 machine. In smartware on my win 8 machine the device doesn’t show up.  It does on Win 7. I have this HD and a My book WD drive. What I was trying to say, is that when you open smartware, both devices should show up, and then you should be able to select whichever one you want to back up to. (The intention was that the cloud drive provided my main back up and was accessible from anywhere, and the cheaper my book drive was my secondary back up. I guess i am not having a lot of luck.  I changed to WD from Seagate, having had 3 of their drives go kaput in 12 months. Things were so much better when all you used was a card index and a carousel!

The following are your words from your prior post, “since rebooting my PC, the drive does not even show up in the network at all,  I have viewed the dashboard pages, which seem to suggest some kind of connection. When I click on the bell shaped icon it says “Network link down”.  Also I can’t find any tab which says “Back Up” or anything that indicates how to start the back up.  I have WD smartware installed for another WD “My Book” device, and it does not show there either. on my win 7 laptop, everything shows up where it should, but again, there is no obvious way of starting a back up.”

Maybe WD can help if you provide the right information.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

I am sorry if there was insufficient info, or if it was confusing, only, every time I tried something, the results changed, thereby making it difficult to communicate succinctly.  Having spoken with WD at length this morning, it turns out that the actual drive is faulty, possibly an iintermitant fault. I wont go into details and bore you further.  Thanks again

You need a valid DNS server, check your IP setting on you system and cloud server good luck!