My Cloud OS5 - Indexing taking forever

Hi all,

I’ve just downloaded and installed (manually) the version 5.06.115, available here: My Cloud OS 5 Firmware Release Note v5.06.115

This version was released yesterday (Nov 19, 2020) and it can only be installed manually at this moment in time.

I had absolutely no issues with my EX2 Ultra 6Tb with this release. I have my shared folders organized in a very good way so I’m enabling Cloud Access one by one thus controlling the indexing process on the folders I want and when I want. If you don’t have your shared folders distributed in several specific categories like I do, I strongly recommend you organize your folders BEFORE upgrading to OS5, moving folders/files from one folder to another using the My Cloud OS 3 mobile phone App because it is WAY faster than doing the same job in your PC/Mac (long story, can’t explain it here but I know some of you know exactly what I mean).

Right now I’m indexing my family’s videos and pictures which consume 130Gb. It’s 10% complete (yes, you can trust the real time statistics in this release), fan is running at 8800RPM approx. and CPU/Memory are high as I expected. Disk Temp is 48 degrees C, which is not different than the regular temperature on an ordinary day. The environment temperature where I am at now is 20 degrees C.

Having said this, I don’t expect my unit to stay days or weeks in the process because again: I am controlling exactly what is indexed and when, and I have a lot of stuff that I simply don’t need available via Cloud Access so they won’t be indexed.

Hope this helps at least some of you.