My Cloud OS 3 remote connection become impossible

Folks, more information would be beneficial to WD assuming they are even reading the various threads about recent remote access issues. Post WHICH mobile device (and it’s OS version) you are using if you cannot log in using a mobile device. Seems some are iOS users who are having problems.

Currently no issues with logging in to the MyCloud.com web portal to access a first gen single bay My Cloud running v04.05.00-342 firmware. Currently no issue using the My Cloud app (version 4.4.28 - apparently this is a just updated app version) on Android 8.1 to remotely access the My Cloud on cellular data. Sometimes on Android it looks like the My Cloud app is hanging but if I hit the back button/arrow (or swipe right) on my screen then select the My Cloud unit from the list, it connects.

Basic troubleshooting steps with the mobile app. Remove the My Cloud entry from the app and create a new one. This may mean either generating a “code” using the My Cloud Dashboard > Cloud Access > select user then select Get Code. Or using your MyCloud.com login in the mobile app.

Edit to add: Update your mobile app(s) if you haven’t done so already. WD apparetnly posted new versions of the My Cloud app for Android and iOS. See the annoucement at the following WD Staff post: