Recieved brand new MC (3 TB) yesterday, So far I’m extremely pleased with my progress without problems:
- Registered hardware
- Confirmed Router UPnP was disabled
- Updated Windows
- Waited until it acclimated to room temp.
- Hooked up MC (gig e network)
- Confirmed MC ip and accessed via ip
- Updated firmware
- Rebooted MC
- Confirmed that port forwarding was enabled and UPnP was still disabled
- By passed MC install
- Installed smartware pro and backedup windows internal SSD and external drive
- Connected windows laptop
- Connected Ubuntu laptop and managed shares via ip; added iPhone
A few tasks / questions remain:
- Enable streaming.
- Hook up Mac book pro and enable TimeMachine (should be straight forward)
- Populate a share using Ubuntu and a fire wire drive
- Hook up brand new My Book Studio (4 TB) and enable safepoints
- Enable my wife’s iPhone
- Enable web access for non-colocated relatives. Can this be accomplished?
- How was my router access to enable port forwarding without my knowledge?
- Since I didn’t register during setup is WD authentication being used?
- What function does quick view enable?