My Cloud - iTunes 12.7

I have problems when I try to see my music from my cloud in iTunes.

have you the same problem?
how is the step by step to configure my cloud with iTunes and see all my music in iTunes?

Did you set everything up in the Dashboard under Settings>Media?

yes, like this support but on Mac (My Cloud OS 3: Connecting to iTunes on Windows) . but when I in iTunes, it don’t show me my library (image)

You need to copy the library folder with the files/index in to a NAS share, then press shift when starting iTunes to select that particular library file.

Make sure the iTunes library points to your actual albums on the NAS before you copy/move it so it retains the correct path information.

I copied the folder iTunes to the shared music (image) and still without my music from my “my cloud”.

And you pointed iTunes to that library file when you restarted it?

If you are SURE it is loading that library file on the NAS, try setting the iTunes media folder location to point to your Itunes music folder location from within iTunes whilst it’s running under settings, that way it will scan and re-add the missing music,

The library files can be also stored anywhere accessible on the NAS as well, doesn’t have to be in the shared music folder, mines in its own folder in another share (for ease of backup purposes), it points to the Itunes music file location regardless of where it is stored.

I don’t want point my iTunes Media to the folder, I want see my (WDMyCloud) device in iTunes like the image support:

(image from: My Cloud OS 3: Connecting to iTunes on Windows)

One problem with WD Support documents is that they are not dated, so it’s impossible to tell how up-to-date the advice and software it is describing is. It mentions ‘the latest version of itunes’, but, without a date, or absolute version identifier, that’s utterly meaningless.

“This article is based on using the most current version of iTunes for Windows”.

I note you have a Mac… I suspect Windows and Mac versions of iTunes are not identical.

That screenshot does seem to be from the section of the instructions that explain what might be called “pointing iTunes to your folder”, I.e. telling iTunes where to look. “Select the MyCloud library”

What isn’t working for you?

No, isn’t working for me, I can’t see WDMyCloud (is the name of my disk) in iTunes and i want see wdmycloud like the instructions, because I want a see my library in differents Mac.

exist a steps to reset or fix this?

While I don’t normally use iTunes I experience the same here on Windows 10 using iTunes 12.7.0.166. The iTunes Sidebar is missing the “This Computer” section indicated in the graphic above. iTunes doesn’t find the active My Cloud iTunes server (enabled through the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Media). I thought it was there at one time but no longer is. Haven’t found a way to reset the Sidebar yet either in some quick internet searching.

Not sure if iTunes dropped or changed the Sidebar section that would show the My Cloud or other iTunes media servers. I wonder if its Bonjour service related or being blocked by the software firewall (Norton) even when the firewall is turned off.

Here is what my iTunes screen currently looks like:

Haven’t really worried about this or investigated fixing this since I rarely use iTunes these days.

After some troubleshooting I was able to get iTunes 12.7 on Windows 10 to see the My Cloud. Not sure exactly what the problem was and why it wasn’t showing in iTunes yesterday.

Things to check. Access the My Cloud Dashboard, go to Settings > Network and ensure iTunes Server is enabled. And just to be safe, click the Rescan button.

Access the Shares page in the Dashboard and ensure the Shares with the iTunes audio files has Media Serving enabled for that Share. Currently only audio files are supported by the iTunes media server.

This may or may not help but as a troubleshooting step I rebooted both the My Cloud and the Windows computer. It was then iTunes showed the My Cloud under the Choose media drop down box where before it didn’t.

i follow every step… but i cant see any library in iTunes.

Dashboard > Settings > Media and enabled DNLA Media Server and iTunes Server.

Dashboard > Shared > Public

verify again that i have correclty my folder with my music

and check again in iTunes

and nothing… please, help me with this problem.

Did you try clicking on the Rebuild button under iTunes Server on the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Media page? Did you try shutting down BOTH the My Cloud and the Mac. Boot up the My Cloud and wait for it to finish booting up, then boot up the Mac?

Have you made any modifications via SSH to the My Cloud firmware?

Edit to add: Have you also contacted Apple, since iTunes is their software, to see what they say? To see if they have any special settings that need to be configured on the Mac side (like with the firewall software if any is used)?

yes, DLNA Database Rebuild and Rescan and iTunes database Refresh.

shutting down? what do you mean… disconnect power cable from the My Cloud and restart the Mac?

No, any modifications

no, but i will send a message.

Yes. Shut down the My Cloud AND the Mac. Then power on the My Cloud and wait till you see the front LED turn blue. Then power on the Mac and see if iTunes will recognize the My Cloud on the local network.

I’m having the same problem as DJBG.

I don’t want iTunes’ Library to be located on the WD NAS, I just want the iTunes Server feature to work properly. It never did actually… sometimes, by chance, I can see the WDMyCloud Server in the upper left corner’s list but it never stays. I’ve tried everything proposed here and on other threads but it never works.

Somehow the “Refresh” feature is stuck at 64% and suddenly ends… maybe something to look there ?

My configuration is the following :

• WD MyCloud Ex2 Ultra with latest firmware.
  • iTunes 12.7.1.14 on Mac OS 10.13.1

Thanks already for your help !