My Cloud is disconnected when logging in

Nearly every time I log into the Mac the My Cloud has disconnected. It’s a real pain especially when I’m transferring files or downloading something onto the My Cloud. I don’t close the lid but let it go to sleep so that the transfer or download doesn’t stop. When I log back in I notice the My Cloud has disconnected and the download/transfer has failed.

Any help will be much appreciated :smiley:

Hello, 

Have you tried to create an alias for the network share your copying files to? Check this link to verify if this can help you create an alias:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2541

I don’t understand why I would need to create an alias? There is already a folder called Shared Videos and I created folders under that one (ie Movies, TV Shows, Kids, etc).

Has anyone else got a suggestion??? It’s still happening :frowning: Every time I login the My Cloud has disconnected and I need to reconnect. So if I was downloading or transferring onto it then I lose what I was doing.

billybob1978 wrote:

I don’t close the lid but let it go to sleep so that the transfer or download doesn’t stop. When I log back in I notice the My Cloud has disconnected and the download/transfer has failed.

If your Mac is going into actual sleep mode then its possible the Mac is shutting down the network connection when it does so. See the following link for more information on OS X and Sleep mode.

OS X: Saving energy with Sleep

If possible, do not to put a computer into sleep mode or hibernation mode when performing a backup or copying a large amount of files. If possible disable the sleep or hibernation mode or set it to some ridiculous long time (like four or more hours) before it kicks in to prevent the computer from turning off the network connection. Check to see if the Sleep or Hibernation mode setting has the option to keep the network connection active. The better solution is to have the computer turn off the monitor after a short amount of time but not enter sleep mode. Once done with the backup or file copying then reactivate the sleep mode or hibernation mode.