My Cloud Inaccessible since Outage

Is anyone else experiencing Cloud access issues since the reported outage last week?  I can access my drive from within in my network BUT only if I go through the local network (i.e. put in the local IP address of the drive).  

When I login to wd2go.com I see my drive but it can’t connect.  I have restarted my router, restarted MyCloud, and tried to reinstall the software (but it can’t find the drive…even though I can access it manually when on my home network).  

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?  

What happens when you go to wd2go.com and click on your drive? Is your Java up to date and working?

1 Like

Go the NAS dashboard and toggle remote access back and forth in settings > general.

Verify that the NAS see the Internet and is connected on that page, below the cloud remote access toggle.

Then under the Cloud Access tab, delete the devices.

Then go the the Wd2go web site. Verify you can see your device. Click on it to authenticate (if your local user has a password on the NAS locally), and then trigger the Java plugin.

1 Like

Thank you for the responses guys (or gals).  I tried your suggestions but still have been unsuccessful.  The issue isn’t just from the web interface.  For instance, I can access my drive from my tablet at home but away from home, I receive an error message (I don’t remember the error number).  From the web interface, I can login to wd2go.com and I do see my drive but the same error is generated when I try to access it.

Fast forward to this morning…I am trying to login again after trying out @Etupes suggestions and the weirdest thing is happening. I can’t seem to login from Chrome or Firefox (no error, it just doesn’t advance past the login page) so I tried with Internet Explorer.  I am able to login, I see my drive momentarily (it says shares (no. x)) but then redirects to Oracles Java page.  So I thought, fine, maybe my java is out of date.  I updated it, and the same error occurs.  

I’m looking at my drive now and I see it has a flashing green light.  Do you guys think that is causing the problem (or contributing to it)?

njfan wrote:

I’m looking at my drive now and I see it has a flashing green light.  Do you guys think that is causing the problem (or contributing to it)?

Flashing GREEN light???  Uhm, are you sure you have a My Cloud NAS?   I don’t remember ever seeing a green light on it?

I have the same problem :frowning:

njfan wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing Cloud access issues since the reported outage last week?  I can access my drive from within in my network BUT only if I go through the local network (i.e. put in the local IP address of the drive).  

When I login to wd2go.com I see my drive but it can’t connect.  I have restarted my router, restarted MyCloud, and tried to reinstall the software (but it can’t find the drive…even though I can access it manually when on my home network).  

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?  

Hi guys. This issue is currently under investigation.

1 Like

Thank you jubei04.  

Just an update: its still flashing (or is blinking the better word?) a green indicator light.  I followed the manuals directions on how to restart it and still the same issue is going on.  I set it to run a short term diagnostic test about five hours ago.  Its been hanging at 90% since then but I will see if it completes when I get home.  I hope shutting down my computer didn’t end the diagnostic though.  

I read elsewhere on the forum that it maybe because it takes a while for the drive to rebuild the library.  Is there anyway to delete the library file it has created already?  Maybe it is corrupted.  I currently have 1.5TB of data ranging from small documents to large video files. 

Network testing:  

Within Network:  the Desktop MyCloud software does not detect the drive as sitting on the network.  The WD Utility tool (I apologize, I don’t remember the exact name at this time) does though.   I can login to the drive via IP and via the MyCloud software manually.  

Out of Network:  I can connect with my tablet now.  It takes a while to connect but it eventually does. Different error with wd2go.com.  I login but like this morning from home, I am automatically redirected to the Oracle website.  Still no luck getting past the login form page with Chrome or Firefox.  The redirection occurs when trying to login with Internet Explorer.  I do have the most current version of JRE running at this workstation as well.

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to give another update.

Everything seems to be working once again!   I am outside my home network and able to download documents and when I was home earlier, I was able to access my files as well.  Last night I did some further exploration through the message board and someone had suggested turning off remote access while doing the quick diagnostic test.  That seemed to have done the trick as this time it did not hang on 90%.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to repeat the same results to complete the full test so I am hoping the quick test was sufficient.  

The inidcator light is blinking green still.  It did stop blinking green when I disabled the remote access (it was a steady green).  I can access my files away from home so I guess that is okay for the time being.

The MyCloud software still does not automatically pick-up that the drive is on the network as it once did when I first bought it a couple of months ago.  I can still access it by generating an activation code or logging in to my wd2go account within the software.  I am able to map the drive and access it manually through my network.  I am not sure what is going on here as the WD Network/Hard drive utility tool sees the drive and populates data (status, temperature, data in use).   

Web access via a browser is still a no go.  I can’t access it through Chrome or Firefox.  I can login via Internet Explorer (ugh) but everytime I am redirected automatically to Oracle’s Java download page.  

For now, I’m content as I don’t have to remember to load documents at home to use away from it but it would be nice if I was completely error free.