My cloud home reboot issues

Hello,

I recently bought a WD My Cloud Home 4TB storage and it’s working great. The problem is, the shutdown and reboot features. I know these devices are supposed to run 24/7 most of the time but I have a different purpose. I need it to be on a couple of hours every week so that I could backup my data thats all. But after using this product only I realized i dont have a power button! on top of that, if i shut down the storage using my mobile app, I literally have to pull the plug out and plug in again to start that device again. I mean it’s 2021, I’ve never heard of a single electronic device where you have to unplug and replug the cord to on the device…

I contacted the support re this and this is the response i got -

“Regarding to your further inquiry, kindly note that the only way to power on the device again is that you need to physically unplug the power cord and plug it in again.”

Any others facing this issue? or how exactly you guys managing this? they told me power consumption is just 18W but still, I feel like its a waste of the energy to leave this on 24/7 knowingly very well im not gonna use it continuously?

Thanks.

I own two WD My Clouds, a 1st and a 2nd generation. That’s the way they work. It doesn’t bother me. I do leave them on 24/7. I do a reboot every week of both and once a month I do a complete shutdown, unplug and then plug them back in to boot up.

Here is the User Manual for your My Cloud Home if you don’t already have it.

User Manual: My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Duo (westerndigital.com)