My Cloud Home App

I’m looking for a few answers…

1. The WD app creates a desktop icon in Windows. That’s fine. I don’t want trash on my desktop, so I delete it. The WD app creates another one. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? I looked and don’t see an option.

2. Is there a way to prevent the app from opening up every time in insert any removable media? Can’t find that option either.

No and No. Both are the default function of the Discovery app and there is no option to disable either function. May be a good suggestion for the My Cloud Home Ideas board.

Thanks for the info. I’ve created a script that checks for the presence of the shortcut and removes it. But I’m having a tough time figuring out how prevent an application from displaying a window.

Do you know if there would be any negative results from disallowing the WD Discovery app from running, starting it when it’s time for file operations then shutting it down again until needed?

Any folder you may have set up to sync to the my cloud home would not sync if WD discovery is not running but if you are using that it should be fine to only launch the app when you intend to use it.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t do any syncing at all.So my fix is to create a launch script deletes the icon then closes the annoying pop up. Now I just need to figure out how to disallow the app from opening windows when removable media is inserted. Thanks!