My Cloud Home and Soundtouch

Much frustration here, as I am unable to access my music files from the NAS drive.

All my music files (.flac) have ben ripped into Windows Media Player, and hence show up in the “Music” folder on my PC. I have synched to My Cloud Home and installed PLEX, and then moved the files to the Shared Music folder on PLEX such the music files have (for example) the following path :-
This PC → Peter’s My Cloud Home (Z:) → PLEX → Shared Music → Synch from Desktop → Music → Pink Floyd → Wish you were here .flac
I’m sure I’m getting in a right muddle over where these files should be stored in order than I can access through Soundtouch from the NAS drive.
Can anybody give me a steer ?

My guess is that the soundtouch cannot see the My Cloud Home private user space. the My Cloud Home is not a traditional NAS. The Z: drive is a private user space and is not a traditional network share like most NAS devices use.

There is a default Public share that you may be able to use so the soundtouch can see the music. If you use the default public share however you will not see the files in the Z: drive, in the My Cloud Home mobile app, or in the My Cloud home web access.

The article below is for sonos devices but will liklely work for the soundtouch as well.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=20694&s=

If you do not want to use that method you could return the My Cloud Home and get a normal My Cloud device.

@pmfturner can the Bose Sound Touch see the Z drive?
Sonos cannot and will only work when the media is located in the Public Network Share.

Soundtouch can see “Plex Media Server : Peter’s My Cloud Home”, but only when the PC is switched on !

I have just upgrade to MCH from My book live and I’m still keeping the old my book live.
MCH uses Plex for media streaming and MBL uses Twonky.

I tested play music on sound touch.

for MCH, I can find both my3 and flac file in sound touch app.
sound touch can play the mp3 file, but can not play the flac file.
When I choose the flac file, sound touch app would report “ready to play”, but sound touch has no response .
So i guess flac is not supported on sound touch .

for MBL , both mp3 and flac file can be played.

so I guess Plex doesn’t support flac file steaming .

Hello evrybody
I bought a WD My Cloud Home 4Tb and two Bose Soundtouch 10. I can not copy music to My Cloud Home and can find it via SoundTouch. I am sure there is something wrong, but I don’t know what.

Some help will be appreciated.

I have reviewed all that is said above in this topic, without success.
I suppose that my problem is to place my music files on a public directory. But I don’t find a public directory under the server “My Cloud”. See the printscreen hereunder

What I see :
Via the My Cloud app (under Androïd and under my Windows PC), I see three directories: Family, Music and Plex. I have 5 subdirectories in Plex: Shared Home movies, Shared Movies, Shared Music, Shared Photos, Shared TV Shows.
I copied 2 our 3 musics under Sharede Music and I can see then with the My Cloud App’s

Through the Soundtouch app, I was able to add “My Music Library” which can play my Windows Media Player Playlists. I was also able to add a service with NAS, the name I see is “Plex Media Server: My Cloud Home”. I suppose this last one is effectively my My Cloud Home.

But if I click on this “Plex Media server…”, I see 3 directories named video, Music and Photos. If I click on Music, I see 6 directories (the same names than using My Coud App)… If I click on Shared Music (any other of these directories) I have just a search zone with a title “explorer la bibliothèque musicale” (in English Explore the music library), but nothing to search.

On the Web App of Plex, I see 2 servers named “Asus-my name” and “My Cloud Home”.
I was obliged to set “My Cloud Home/Server/Allow Insecure Connexion” otherwhise I was unable to to connect to My Cloud Home securely (same msg then vin721 above).

Thank you for your advises.