My Cloud EX2 Ultra collapsing, nothing seems to be working properly

Sorry, can’t help you there. What does the online manual say (the reset information is there, too) and the second video, below:

I have same problem with my EX2 Ultra. Cloud is Disabled and when I try to enable it by connecting it to my admin account in Cloud configuration panel, i get error 1002 but there is no problem in my network, using DHCP, same settings like before the attack to WD abd everything was worikng properlly. At this moment I am only able to acces to my files in my LAN but os5.mycloud says that my device is offline. I also did 4s restart and still same. Do you think there is problem with my device just global problem of multiple users after cyber attack to WD?

I did Restoring systems factory settings. There was info that it will not affect my data but after restoring my data are gone! what the ■■■■?

@romanskripek - there is no doubt in my mind that there is nothing wrong with your device. It is too much of a coincident that after a massive outage, more than one device will go bad out of nowhere. It has to be something on WD’s end.

I just read your 2nd post. Were you able to map the drive and the data is not there?

Before restoring system settings i was able to manipulate with my data in my LAN but after that there is only “Folder is empty”
Yeah now I can see in admin panel that after restoring there is not RAID version set but after setting raid it will wpe my whole discs

Which RAID did you have? You need to “rebuild” the RAID, not setting it up. Were you able to map the drive in a PC?

Using File browser on my PC i can only see that the folder is empty. I am not 100% sure about the RAID, it was RAID 1 i think

Are you 100% sure you did System Only Restore and not full? If so, and the data is lost, this is a royal Eff up by WD.

Before restoring default system there was popup window saying that this action will not affect stored data

I am not an expert on this, never reset/restored my EX2 Ultra, I am pretty sure the data is there and it’s a matter of setting it up correctly after the reset.
When you are on the Dashboard, how much available space do you have and what kind of HDD (size) is installed?

Yeah, I contacted support and he also wrote that there is no way to wipe discs by 4secs restart o reseting system default settings. Now i sent them my logs so we will see. Thank you for your time.
Btw. 8TB total ( 2x 4TB WD Purple)

Does it show you have 4 TB available in the dashboard when you login, here?

Before restore there was 3,6 TB for 100% so it must be RAID 1 and now i can se 0 kB free :smiley:

I wish they had specific instructions on how to do the reset. I can’t even find a proper and detailed .pdf manual, absolutely ridiculous. I am actually looking to buy a new NAS altogether, can’t waste my time and risking my data with this incompetent company and customer service that blames the closed ports of my ISP.

Keep us posted.

@romanskripek - I spoke with WD support yesterday and they assured me that a 40 seconds reset, which is the System Only reset that you did, with EX2 does not touch/delete data. It does with other storage devices but not EX2.

@romanskripek - any update? Were you able to get your data back or was it really gone after the reset?