My cloud ex2 root password?

hi, anyone know this password? thx

First, you’re in the wrong forum.   The EX2 forum is here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/bd-p/mycloud_ex2

Second, it told you the root UID and password when you enabled SSH in the GUI.

greetings, thanks for answering

when I activate the ssh only gives me information that the user is sshd and configuration to add password for that user, but not the root password at least I do not see

echadow wrote:

when I activate the ssh only gives me information that the user is sshd and configuration to add password for that user…

That should be sufficient for all your needs.

Hi,

I also need the root password, in order to deactivate the .wdmc folders by using the update-rc.d command, only available with root login. When those folders are created, you cannot delete the folder where it is in, because the .wdmc folder belongs to linux user, and windows don’t allow you to delete it and the folder where it is inside. This is a serious issue, if you can’t manage the folders. So please could you give me the root password ? 

Thank you.

Can nobody help to get this password ? We need it to apply the workaround for deleting the .wdmc folders. Thank you for your help, it’s important.

There IS NO root access password…*sigh* You can login as the aforementioned user which has root access.

Then why is it that some files/folders can’t be overwritten/deleted?

ChrisH1984 wrote:

Then why is it that some files/folders can’t be overwritten/deleted?

Which files/folders specifically? Your data files or system files?

And I want to make sure you are referring to seeing this error in SSH.

I have never encountered errors with file overwrites/deletions  while logged in via ssh, but I have been unable to issue some commands without sudo access. But I did find a workaround for that and wrote a couple simple scripts to temporarily grant me sudo access and to revoke (undo) that access once I am done what I needed to do. If you search on this sub-forum for sudo access, you should find that info in a thread about mounting EX2 shares on a Linux computer (and mounting Linux computers on EX2). But you shouldn’t need sudo access for regular data file overwrites/deletions. Your ssh login should be enough.

That user is root, just with a different name - it has a UID of 0, i.e. root!

If you find stuff that you delete and then it comes back when you restart the NAS it’s because the entire OS is overwritten from the Flash every time you restart.

System file.

view-definitions.xml

It’s a part of twonky. I want to edit this file so that twonky sorts folders by track number not alphabetically. I have a my book live duo w/ twonky (which I installed myself via SSH) and I succesfully pulled this off with the help of another member here (phibertron).

So what was the default root password again?

Hi ChrisH1984,

I have the same issue. Did you finally manage to overwrite/change view-definitions.xml ?
Would be grateful for further advise.