My cloud does not recognize Photos/videos anymore

Hello,

I had MyCloud functioning normally until yesterday. Today it suddenly cannot recognize type of files saved on the cloud anymore, all files are grouped to ‘Others’, nothing is recognized as ‘Videos’ or 'Photos anymore. Has anyone had the same problem before? I think this lead to the problem that when I use MyCloud app and go to a folder then click on ‘Photo’ tab, it says there is no photos even though I can see the files are there

Hello,

I haven’t seen this case before.

Can you please try resetting the unit. You can use the reset button on the back of the unit.

Same here

If one has disabled or stopped the My Cloud wdmcserverd and wdphotodbmergerd services via SSH to deal with potential sleep issues, try reenabling/restarting them and see if it fixes the problem. I noticed recently the same on a v4.x firmware single bay My Cloud, the values were zero, reenabled/restarted wdmcserverd and wdphotodbmergerd and the values came back in the Dashboard. Strange.

Those figures are generated by the ‘content scan’. You may be experiencing a similar problem to this:

Try turning Cloud Access off and then back on again, which will restart the content scan.

I turned Cloud Access off and on and it started to scan after restart, but at the end it cannot show video, photo again…

Have the same problem…

I have had exactly the same since buying the product. The help desk didn’t help.
Has anyone solved it yet?