My cloud dashboard not working. pls help

I have had the WD My Cloud for about a year now and have accessed the dashboard in the past on my PC but now it never seems to work. It always says ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. I have had trouble accessing the dashboard in the past with the same message appearing occasionally but for the last six months or so I have not been able to get on it at all! Other than the dashboard everything else works fine as I am able to log in into My Cloud without any problems.

I have the dash on my PC which runs MS XP and my internet connection is fast (100 mbs). The WD My Cloud software version is 1.0.7.17. Can anyone please help.

What web browser on Windows XP are you using? Try a different web browser and see if the issue continues.

Hi

Thank you for your response.

I am using Google Chrome, but have also tried Fire Fox but to no avail. I have also tried accessing the dashboard using another PC which uses Windows 7 but again I get the same message as MS EX.

Shah

Are you using the name of the MyCloud in the browser address field? If so, try entering its IP address.

If that doesn’t work, try a 4-second reset, and if that doesn’t work, a 40-second reset.

FYI the version of MyCloud software installed on your PC is irrelevant, since the Dashboard runs entirely from the MyCloud.

When did this occur and how long has it been happening? Did you read this post?

I dont think the WD data centre move should have any effect on accessing the Dashboard; you can access the Dashboard without an internet connection.

Hi cat0w, Ive been having this issue for months but only decided to raise it now. It now happens all the time!

Hi cpt paranoia, Ive been using the ip address exacly as i have been in the past when it was working fine. Ive restatted the machine and my cloud on many occasions but ro no avail.

Ive tried using fire fox but its still the same.