My Cloud app - Photos not visible in Photo view

In the My Cloud app (currently running the most recent version 4.4.7.2) I can browse through data folders on the MyCloud and I can open individual files, e.g. pdf or jpg. In view ‘ALL’ I see in some directories thumbnails and in some I don’t. When trying use the view ‘PHOTOS’ to progress cloud is running, but after waiting for a long time I get the message ‘No photo found (touch to refresh)’.

I can open and view a single photo, although it takes a long time to open the file. After opening I can run the slideshow. Photos are shown in the slideshow without any delay. I can now even scroll through the photos myself. This doesn’t work for me, because I don’t want to scroll through the photos, because looking up a photo in a grid is much faster, especially with hundreds of photos in a directory.

Because the WD Photos app is almost retired I need an app to have quick access to my photos on MyCloud (over 100k). Besides, the WD Photo app didn’t show all my photos either.

Another question regarding the My Cloud app. When I add a file/photo to MyCloud, how long does it takes to show up in the app?

Are there alternative apps for viewing my photos, which resides on MyCloud, on my mobile?

WDMyCloud v04.04.05-101

Some Users have been able to use 3rd party apps, however, they rely on other connectivity options such as FTP or direct access on a local network since 3rd party apps can not link to WD’s servers.