My Cloud App for (Samsung) Smart TVs

@GreggRivera, no problem reading what you and others posted. This is a subforum (OS3 My Cloud) discussing a completely different device than the My Cloud Home Due and the My Book Duo Live. The My Cloud line of devices has different features and options than the My Cloud Home Duo and the My Book Live Duo. My initial reply to your post included a link to the correct subforum where users more familiar with your device may be able to assist with your question/issue.

The reality is that the My Cloud Home line of devices are limited in their features and options. More so than the now end of life/end of support single bay OS3 My Cloud device this subforum generally discusses. The single bay My Cloud themselves were also limited in features and options compared to the multi bay My Cloud models.

If you are having problems streaming media from a My Cloud Home device then you will have to review your My Cloud Home device features and settings along with the features and settings of the devices you want to access media on the My Cloud Home device to see which methods of access both devices will support (SMB, DLNA, Plex, etc.). The My Cloud Home isn’t like a normal NAS, you may have to adjust the settings and configuration to allow local network clients to access it.

My Cloud Home: Media Streaming Best Practices
Learn How to Cofigure and Use Plex For My Cloud Home
How to Share Folders on My Cloud Home
Steps to Enable and Configure Services on My Cloud Home

Reply, this is also not true. WD has purposely broken the visibility of the NAS to support new development of external servers such as Plex.

Regards,
Gregg

Mobile: +491627352716

The pessimist complains about the wind; (it’s too much, too little)
The optimist expects the wind to change; (much less, much more)
The realist changes or trims the sails, and gets on with it.

Have a great day. :sunglasses:

2018 Summer Sailing Journal located at:

https://journi.app.link/j7ZR7J6OjN

The My Cloud Home line of devices are not true NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices; which more than a few have unfortunately discovered after buying the My Cloud Home device. WD, for what ever reasons, specifically designed them the way they are to have different (in some cases less) features than certain My Cloud devices that they were intended to replace.

One can install or activate the Plex for the My Cloud Home, then enable the DLNA server option within the Plex setup/administration interface to allow local network devices that support DLNA streaming to stream from the My Cloud Home without the need for the Plex App on the client device.

Learn How to Configure and Use Plex For My Cloud Home

Plex Support - DLNA

Normal Settings

DLNA enabled

Choose whether or not your Plex Media Server will also work as a DLNA server.

The limitations of the My Cloud Home line of devices are what they are and are well discussed in the My Cloud Home subforum. There are many discussions the dedicated My Cloud Home subforums to find workaround those device limitations. For example DLNA streaming:
https://community.wd.com/search?q=dlna%20%23home-cloud-storage%3Amy-cloud-home

Whether one chooses to work around those limitations is up to the end user. Or one can find a better device that suits their wants and needs. WD is unlikely to fix certain limitations of the My Cloud Home device just as they didn’t fix many long standing issues with the My Cloud line of devices.