3687598M .
XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares# ls -l
total 24
drwxrwxrwx+ 7 root share 4096 Nov 11 16:59 Public
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 root share 4096 Jan 9 21:28 Richard
drwxrwxrwx+ 7 root share 4096 Jan 17 14:26 XBMC
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Jan 15 12:33 XBMC_3_Drive → /var/media/XBMC_3_Drive
XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares#

All of your disk is being used by the /DataVolume/shares/XBMC folder. My question is
what is the XBMC folder? Is it a backup of the XBMC_3_Drive USB drive? You can see
that the XBMC folder was lat accessed today at 14:26.
To know what is in that folder do the following:
cd /DataVolume/shares/XBMC
then
ls -l

XBMC Folder on my My cloud use to have 6 folders I deleted 2 to make room. The Remaining 4 folders are Movies,Tv Shows, Home Videos, Pictures. and XBMC_3_Drive is a second 4TB My Book drive plugged into My Cloud which includes the same folders as the First drive.

XBMC_3_Drive is also hooked up to my HTPC which I have HDhomerun tuners using Comcast with WIndows Media Center DVRing all my TV shows and Movies. I did double check to see if WMC was still adding to the Original XBMC drive and its not.

XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares# ^C
XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares# cd /DataVolume/shares/XBMC
XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares/XBMC# ls -l
total 24
drwxrwxr-x 4 nobody share 12288 Jan 4 19:41 Home Videos
drwxrwxr-x 14 nobody share 4096 Aug 5 17:39 Movies
drwxrwxr-x 10 nobody share 4096 Jan 16 17:44 Pictures
drwxrwxr-x 121 nobody share 4096 Jun 10 2016 TV Shows
XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares/XBMC#

Neither Drives are used for Backup.

Let me describe my setup I have a HTPC running Windows 7 its a puppy mill its on 24/7 recording TV shows and Movies with HDhomerun Tuners with Comcast Cable Cards which then are passed over to MCEbuddy and it automatically scans and removes all commercials it is then organized into Folders on XBMC_3_Drive. Now all of this is automatic.

All the TV’s in my house use Raspberry Pi mini PC running KODI which you can view all the TV shows and Movies on My Cloud using NFS file sharing

Well as you can see your XBMC folder is what is taking up all of the space on your My Cloud.
You can run the du -BM -d 1
in the /DataVolume/shares/XBMC folder ti see which of these folders has the most used space.
I would think that you would wan most of the data on the USB disk. Since it is twice as big as your y Cloud disk.

I already moved several gigs from My Cloud over to My Book and also back onto my HTPC with no success in freeing up space.

XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares/XBMC# du -BM -d 1
1635184M ./Movies
1M ./.wdmc
8590M ./Pictures
1929114M ./TV Shows
53258M ./Home Videos
3626146M .
XBMCMyCloud:/DataVolume/shares/XBMC#

Well XBMC is where your data is filling up your drive. Did you move videos from
the XBMC folder? If you do go back and check that the file that you moved don’t
reappear in the XBMC folder. Some people have complained that deleted files would
reappear.

I didn’t delete I use the Cut and move feature to free up space. Every time I do it the drive stays the same size “FULL” And the other drives are getting smaller when I move the files. This all started after the last firmware. I have another Identical setup Same My Cloud with a My Book hooked up all containing the exact files. I use this setup for my vacation home. I bring it back in the winter to update so they match up. The only difference is I never updated WD crappy firmware to it. So we know its not me ! Its WD problem

Thank you for spending so much time with me ! I know my way around a PC but not Linux with SSH commands. I just know enough to program SD cards for OSMC to run my Raspberry Pi’s

Cut and move is really a move and delete. By the way your USB drive is 8TB. The
df command that you did in the beginning shows 7.9T. What other drives? How
can they get smaller? To change the 100% full to 99% would require that you move
36Gig of data. The du -BM -d 1 command should get smaller as files are moved. One
thing you could try is to check that a file is in /DataVolume/spare/TV Shows. Move
it as you have been. Then check that the file is no longer in /DataVolume/spare/TV Shows.
Every time that you move a file the size of the file should be removed from the du -BM -d 1
output.

Here is a pic of my layout Drive X and Drive Z are both 4tb My Cloud same model both have the same files up until I updated the firmware on drive X after the update as usual WD trashed my network. I have a Netgear N450 router gig and Netgear 16 port switch that is also 1000/100/10 all network drives have fixed IP address same as the HTPC for speed the transfer was averaging 70 megs read/write. After the firmware on My Cloud everything slowed to a crawl . So after a Hard Reboot and it re-scan all the media which takes a day on a WD drive. Speed is now 40 meg ! almost half which I used to have then I noticed the drive showing zero space !

So I went in to drive X cut and moved library folders “Audio Books” and “Music” drive still shows Zero space…while drive Z has everything on it with 4.13 gig free

WD needs a Chkdsk program and Disk Cleanup tool

This 4.13gig could be the difference of one video file. Both disks are over 99.9% full. Since both
disks are visible to windows. You can open each disk in a separate file explorer window. Then
check what is different between them.

And Drive Z still has the Folders Books and Music totaling 16 gigs with space left

Even the Picture folder on X drive has been reduced down to 8 gig while the Z drive has 21 gig.

Doesn’t matter how much has been removed from the X drive it will still show FULL :frowning:

Question that I don’t know if it has been asked, haven’t read through all 35 posts. What does the My Cloud Dashboard indicate for available free space/used space? What Shares does the Dashboard Shares page indicate is using most of the storage space? What happens if you use the Dashboard to delete an entire Share (back it up obviously beforehand to an external location), does the free space increase or remain the same? Is the Share actually removed and no longer visible/accessible in Windows File Explorer?

Have you tried a 40 second reset? Sometimes that fixes weird issues with the My Cloud.

I am at the point of not deleting anymore files since I am not gaining anymore space.
I have done a reboot but haven’t done a 40 second in long time. Will give that a shot.

Ok just finished a 40 second reset drive still shows full

What does the Dashboard indicate? Have you looked through the Dashboard Shares page at each Share entry to see what it’s listing for amount of space each Share is using?

I am the only one that has setup both My Clouds the Shares are read only to all my Raspberry Pi’s to watch Movies and TV shows. No wild cards on my system…other then my WD My Cloud after the firmware :frowning: The funny thing is this one is the newer of the 2. The older one which I didn’t mess with the firmware works great.