My cloud 3tb

Can I purchase a second my cloud and get it to mirror the first one so I don’t loose anything. And will I be able to configure both without loosing data on the existing drive?

You would need separate software to make “synchronize” two different NAS units. There is nothing provided by WD.

You definitely have multiple NAS units on a single network. Just be sure each is using a unique device name; and for own sanity you probably want to assign ip addresses (it can be done from the NAS dashboard; but it is better to do it from the router)

1 Like

@Shandrylilacs
Have you already checked out the User Manual for OS5? Be sure to look at Backing Up and Retrieving Files.
My Cloud OS 5 Online User Manual (wdc.com)

Thanks. WD used to advertise it when I got the drive but couldn’t afford a second one at the time

Depends on the second My Cloud device you buy and it’s features/options. Note that a My Cloud Home device is NOT the same as a My Cloud device. The My Cloud Home line uses a different operating system and has different features than the My Cloud line.

It will also depend on the exact My Cloud model you have right now and which OS firmware version (4.x, 2.x or 5.x) it is running. The single bay, single drive My Cloud model has reduced features among which is either limited or no capability to act as a back server for another My Cloud.
The following WD Support Knowledgebase articles may have additional relevant information:

My Cloud OS 5 & OS 3, The Key Differences in Product Features

Third-Party Apps Available for My Cloud OS 5