My Cloud 3T = Twonky Media Sharing Issue

Hi,

I already own a My Book World Edition 2T and as such I’m aware of many of the similar features in the My Cloud version.  

I’ve accessed the twonky media server settings on the Drive IPAddress:9000 and have set up my Multi Media Sharing Shared Folder section for example

\public\tv     (contains only videos ie I dont want meta pictures showing  for example)

\public\pictures (contains only pictures, ie I dont want home videos showing  for example)

\public\music (contain only mp3 I dont want videos showing for example)

etc etc

This gets saved and set up correctly, the scans take place and everything looks great.  However after a couple of hours (i’ve done this a few times) all these Shares are removed and the default one is back \public (all media)

I’m on the latest firmware.

Is anyone else having this issue, anyone now how to resolve it?

Manythanks

Reigns

I also played around with these settings of the Media Server and I ended up freezing the unit completely. I am not sure that this was the source of the issue, but aside from that change, I only tried to rescan the drive.

I have to do a QUICK system reset and I left these setting salone for the time being.

Since then, everything is working fine.

I believe i know what the issue is, by chance I’am configuring the device for cloud access and I rebooted it.  After it came back up, I checked the shares and once more they had disappeared.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Of course.  That’s the way it’s supposed to work.

Media Shares should not be configured from within the Twonky UI, they should be configured within the CLOUD UI.

I may be wrong and i do stand to be corrected but I’m not sure if your right.  This may just be due to the difference in terms of the word share.  WHilst I understand setting up a share via the UI the Shared folders within Twonky pertains to the media contents you wish to have shared across your network, see screen grab below.

This feature set (at least I have not found it) is not availible from within the UI.  However if it is, can you point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

Hi,

Just came across this link pertaining to how to set up and configure the extra Twonky setting on WC My Cloud under port 9000   http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/search/1/a_id/3299/c/130/p/247,487 

The section below highlights that what I am trying to achieve is possible.

However  no matter what options I use the only time a Shared folder stays in Twonky is if its an Actual Shared Folder.

So either this is an actual bug or as Tony has said it doesnt work on this device.

Can anyone from WD comment, one way or the other?

Many Thanks