My Cloud - 32-bit app incompatibility with Mac OS

As Apple is migrating to full 64-bit for all applications, what is WD doing to address this? Per apple; 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later. there link on this is: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

I have little success ever connecting while away and never a solid explanation why that’s the case, but many have echoed this for years.

Hi Katnosferatu,

Mostly, the WD’s current applications are 64-bit and supported by macOS high Sierra. What issues are you facing while using My Cloud on macOS computers?

When I open my WD My Cloud app to access it remotely, I get a pop up saying “This app will not work with future versions of macOS and needs to be updated to improve compatibility. Contact the developer for more information.” According to my system report, the app is NOT 64-bit, meaning it won’t work with Mac OS Catalina. The latest software update at wd.com is listed as 5/18/2018. I have to agree with OP when I ask what is WD doing about this?

By My Cloud app if you mean the My Cloud Desktop app, that program has been End of Life for a couple of years now. WD Support has a Knowledgebase article covering this issue and they expect people to use the MyCloud.com web portal or use a mobile device that has the WD My Cloud mobile app installed.

My Cloud Desktop App No Longer Works with a My Cloud or Login Not Authorized
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25159

trburger24, I see what you’re speaking of. I also received that on the desk, even after firmware updates as directed by WD Tech support.

Bennor, you note the End of Life was years back, but I recently spoke with WD tech support with issues I was having, I even once posted on the 64 bit issue. I followed tech supports steps, which did not include include any desktop update for the app/software. My current desktop was working a month again, and again, has stopped. It’s the same with the My Cloud on the app. It doesn’t connect. I’ve finally gotten burned out on trying to make the My Cloud EX2 for the years I’ve had it that I think it’s time to just go with another vendor and buy my own server.