My Book World Edition II and OS X Lion, Time Machine

We had a thread removed by the moderator.

Let’s try again. 

As long as the WD Community User Guidelines and Terms of Use are respected and followed, there is no need to close a thread. The previous one was out of control with some Users taking personal stances against other Users, which is something that leads to a thread being closed, and some bans when some Users go way too far.

Regards,

Stein74 wrote:

We had a thread removed by the moderator.

Let’s try again. 

to do what?  get the thread closed down.  it should be over by next week at the latest.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-World-Edition/OSX-Lion-and-MyBook-World-White-Light/m-p/245262#M5645

As one of those (generically) abused (because I installed Lion without checking on the WD firmware) I’ll volunteer that I didn’t mind. For Western Digital’s benefit, I’ll also volunteer the sales pitch that Larry (I still remember him) used to clinch the sale on my first Mac, a IIci: “My mother can use this”. I’m not a mother, and worked for over 30 years as a programmer, but Larry’s words still resonate. I don’t want to have to check too long and hard about my network drive when I install a software update. As for now, “It is what it is” and I suppose WD is trying to make it stop. Still, next time, don’t let it start!