My book loses connection 4th

Works great when I unplug the power and it reconnects.  Then a hour of tow later no more my cloud showing in the network.

It has done this with great regularity.  If I upplug the power it will connect again and I can see it in the network and write to it.  Then a couple of hours later it is gone.  I have done the easy stuff like changing ethernet connection port (many different times to new ethernet ports) and changed the cable to three different ones - no difference.  Of course it porbably was not that becasue it will work great each time I unplug the power and power it up.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware.  All my other network items work like champs and have for a long time.    I read about changing ports in one post but I could not find any specific resource to that other than changing to port 443.  I don’t kow how to do that.  I am a consumer not up to speed on these issues.  I only want to use the drive as a network drive.  I don’t need the other funcitons.  Just let three home PC write and read to the drive.  I doesn’t matter which pc I am at.  The cloud is visible and then goes away.  The three pcs are two windows 8.1 and one windows 7

1. Is changing the port a viable option.?  On which device do you do this?  The WD cloud or the router?  Any links to pertinent information.

2.  Is the WD cloud defective -RMA candidate?

3  Is this behavoir by design - I mean do I have some setting checked that dissconnects the unit after some time?

4.  What type of drive is inside.  Can I take it apart and use the drive as an internal drive and toss the rest?.  At least I   can salvage some use.    thanks so much

+1

mycloud disconnects from network after a few hours. Must be a firmware defect. checked with two routers

WD please help!! Otherwise mycloud is totally useless

You answer seems to be in this post.

Workaround for Disconnect Problem - Works for all my and my dealers clients

hensch1980 wrote:

+1

mycloud disconnects from network after a few hours. Must be a firmware defect. checked with two routers

WD please help!! Otherwise mycloud is totally useless

Fully agreed!