My Book LIve not "Discovered"

I have a WD My Book LIve.  I have everything connected to a switch I am using so I can network the drive.  The drive is powered up and has a solid green light on the front, and has a solid amber and blinking green light on the back of it.  I do have the drive plugged directly into the wall as that was the only thing tech support could tell me to do, other than if that didn’t work, take it back.  

This is a new drive, just bought this morning.  I followed all the directions and still nothing.  Can anybody help me?

Your computer…  Apple or Microsoft operating system?

And the type of “Switch” you have (hopefully you meant a router).

A switch and router is a valid configuration.  For example, with the Sky broadband service, Shy send a router with customised firmware and don’t reveal the ADSL user-name and password to put in the router, but the router’s switch is only a 10/100 switch, so to get gigabit speeds a separate 1000/100/10 switch is required.

(… but you maybe alrrady know that. :smiley: )

MinesotaMulisha, Try another network cable.  Back to basics trouble-shooting.

Very likely not the cable.  “Smartware” also cannot discover my MBL no matter whether MBL was connected directly to the router or switch.

However, I have it mapped in win7 & am able to get to the UIs for MBL & Twonky; have been adding files & still doing so; also playing music from MBL while on the computer.

My belief is that WD smartware isn’t too smart whether from the original disc, the files on the MBL or the “latest” smartware version downloaded.

Doing fine without WD quickview even if I don’t see info about the MBL temperature.

Temperature is the number ar the far right

NAS:/usr/local/sbin# smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep "Temperature"
194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0022 110 093 000 Old_age Always - 37

Myron wrote:

Temperature is the number ar the far right

NAS:/usr/local/sbin# smartctl -a /dev/sda | grep “Temperature”
194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0022 110 093 000 Old_age Always - 37

Thanks.  AND smartctl is now in /usr/sbin.  Probably works if smartctl is executed because /usr/sbin in in the PATH.