MBL 3 TB (just 2+ months old) is no longer recognized by my computer (Vista OS) wirelessly. The drive has a lot of data already backed up. THIS IS NOT A FIRST TIME DISCOVERY PROBLEM. EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE TILL LAST WEEK - THE PROBLEM STARTED 3-4 DAYS AGO - or at least that is when I noticed it.
The drive is connected to my router (Ethernet) and the wireless router (Linksys E4200) is working fine and all my computers are connected wirelessly. The router is connected to the Samsung Smart TV (wired connection) and I can access photos/videos and listen to music in the MBL drive through TwonkyMedia - no problems there. Other information -
- Tried rebooting my computer and MBL (power off reboot) a couple of times
- When powered up and wired to the router, the drive has solid green led in the front (never blinks; never goes to sleep - i.e. turns blue), blinking green led in the back (top) and solid green led in the back (bottom)
- The laptop OS is Vista
- Laptop firewall is off
- No changes made to the router settings
Then I tried connecting my laptop (Vista OS) directly to the MBL drive. Tried with both Firewall on and off.
- A connection titled “Unidentified Connection” appears in the network connection list’
- The led at the back of the drive (bottom led) stays solid amber. The activity led blinks
- Mybooklive is not listed if I expand ‘Network’. Hence am not able to map it as a drive
In short I have all my data in the drive (I am able to confirm it by accessing the same through my TV’s TwonkyMedia connection) but there is no way I can access the data through my computer. Please reply if you need more information or have a solution. Many thanks