I bought a WD My Book (6TB) last week and installed the required softwares like WD Backup to carry out backing up of my laptop files. But it’s always stucked at 6%. Even though I have uninstalled and re-installed WD Backup and also uninstalled the previous Smartware (used to have a WD 4TB).
Does anyone know what’s the issue that’s preventing the backup to progress beyond 6% ? Thanks in advance.
I’m using a HP Laptop with Win10 pro.
There are many causes to WD Backup not working:
- Fragmented disk: defragment disk to optimize the performance of the WD My Book.
- Infected computer: Check and remove Virus with anti-virus software.
- File Permissions: if the file you want to backup is in use, it will be failed. Just close all the opened files to backup.
- Long Filename: Rename a short file name.
- Folder Paths Too Long: move the folder to the root folder to make the path short.
Here are more solutions to fix WD Backup not working.