My Book 4tb and Samsung TV

I plugged my My Book into my Samsung JS8500 (SUHD) and it isn’t showing up under Connections. I’ve seen older posts saying Samsungs can’t use higher than 1 or 2tb drives, but this info is in the manual:

“In QLED and SUHD TVs, after sorting files in the Folder view mode, the TV can display up to 1,000 files per folder. If the USB device contains more than 8,000 files and folders , however, some files and folders might not be accessible.”

No capacity numbers, but it sure sounds like the TV supports high capacity drives. Anyone had luck with a 4tb on a recent Samsung?

Just for the heck of it, I just plugged my new 12tb easystore into the TV and it works. So, I’m not sure why the My Book isn’t reading.

Apart from the capacity difference … (i assume you have both formatted the same format and both are using the same partition table ie GPT (GUID Partition Table)

the only other difference i can think of is the

My Books feature Password / Hardware Encryption … the EasyStores don’t .

maybe the Samsung TV is fussy about that ?

I know they’re both NTFS. I think they’re probably both as they came from the factory.

Is there any way around the hardware encryption on the My Book? Would it be worth formatting and starting fresh? I copied my files from the 4tb to the 12 thinking I needed to do a partition, but maybe I should just format and put a test file on there. I’m not looking forward to the long process of copying it all back, but it’s better than not being able to use the drive as I was hoping to.