My bood world edition 2 and windows 10

Hi,
I haven’t used WD My book world edition 2 for a long time. I have upgraded my operating system to windows 10. I am able to access the drive in network place and can access the dashboard. I downloaded the software for back up and i get error message

OPERATING SYSTEM NOT SUPPORTED
WD LAUNCHER CANNOT BE RUN UNDER THIS VERSION OF WINDOWS

Please help and give me the link to download correct version of software

anand

WD Anywhere Backup will not run on Windows 10. That software is no longer supported and will not be updated to run with Windows 10. You can use File History or Windows Backup within Windows 10 to backup your computer to the My Book World.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=10436

Is there any other back up interface which is compatible with windows 10 and wd my book world edition2.

There has to something in place or wat is the use of wd selling and not caring for the costumer

Anand

I stated in my response that you can use the backup software built into Windows 10 to backup to the My Book World. This model NAS drive has been End of Life for years and the included software was only compatible up through Windows 7. It isn’t that Western Digital does not care, There just comes a time when a piece of hardware or software is not longer updated or supported. If that were the case, we would all still be still running computers on Windows 98.