My 4TB Passport is not recognised

My 4 Tb passport (External Hard Drive) was working totally fine , but suddenly when i connected it last night it is not recognised by the My computer of my laptop , it is just showing the letter F: disk , also it is making my Laptop hang , since its using my whole Cpu by processing 100% read write within the disk (i saw in my task manager) , im Not even able to access my disk management when the External Hard Drive is connected, but when i unplug the External Hard Drive everything within my laptop works fine , even im able to access my disk management also !!

If anyone have any solution will be appreciable , bcoz i hav a lot of dats within it which is very important for me

I have the same problem and started after a Windows 10 update. Does anyone has a solution to this issue??

My data is all there on my external drive and I can click on it. However, when I connect it to the laptop, it doesn’t appear to recognize its there. So, I’m wondering if it would be safer if I just move everything from it back to the pc?

Valerie